Re: Corporate Networks & Hidden SSID

On 1/24/07, Grant Williamson <traxtopel gmail com> wrote:
Dan,
are there any plans for Network Manager to handle hidden essid's?
i.e. using wpa_supplicant I can connect with the following config.

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
eapol_version=1
network={
                ssid="MBI"
                scan_ssid=1
                eap=TLS
                key_mgmt=IEEE8021X
                pairwise=TKIP
                group=WEP104
                identity="traxtopel mbi com"
                ca_cert="/etc/eap/cacert.pem"
                client_cert="etc/eap/key.pem"
                private_key="/etc/eap/key.pem"
                private_key_passwd="whodareswins"
                eapol_flags=3
}

With networkmanager it never connects(the only way I have ever managed
to connect was to quickly do a iwconfig eth0 essid MBI and then fingers
crossed it worked once).

<snip>

I don't think the issue is a hidden SSID, I think the problem is using
EAP with WEP which I don't /think/ NetworkManager supports at this
time.  Dan, correct me if I am wrong.