Re: Singe DES encryption should be enabled

On Thu, 2007-02-22 at 10:53 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-02-21 at 21:34 +0100, Olaf Telsh�r wrote:
> > We should enable single DES encryption mode. In this
> > case, vpnc must be called using the --enable-1des
> > flag.
>
> Are there really cases where 1des is still being used?  I'd rather that
> it be something you have to manually enable rather than accepting 1des
> by default.

I think we really want to expose as many of the command line options in
the gui that we sanely can.  Make sure all our defaults are reasonable,
but allow people to tweak if necessary.

I think following the logic of your previous comments and changing the
vpn interface such that required goes back to being a normal panel.  We
add a small advanced options button on the bottom left of the dialog.
This will open a modal window organized by tabs for all the different
options that are supported.

I will try and mock up some screenshots when I have some free time.

Jon