Re: vpnc Plugin Help

On Fri, 2006-09-15 at 20:36 -0400, Adam Pavelec wrote:
> I wrote:
> > It works perfectly with another configuration I connect to that requires
> > a username/password.  It just took me a few moments to figure out that I
> > had to decode the GroupPwd from the .pcf file.  At any rate, the
> > connection I'm still trying to get to work /doesn't/ require a
> > username/password -- any hints?
> >

> Hrm -- it looks like I need to use the --enable-1des option to connect
> in this manner.  Is it possible to do this with the vpnc plugin?

If you patch it, yes.  But the question is why you'd want to do that
since it apparently weakens security.  Ideally you could talk to your
network admins and figure out why they require single DES in 2006...
However, if all else fails, then yes it would need to be a config option
and likely edited in with gconf-editor.  I'd rather not give it UI since
this is the first I've heard of anyone needing to use it.

Dan