Re: several questions about networkmanager-programming.
- From: Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com>
- To: "Jaldhar H. Vyas" <jaldhar debian org>
- Cc: networkmanager-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: several questions about networkmanager-programming.
- Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 22:01:05 -0500
On Wed, 2007-02-07 at 18:33 -0500, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:
> I have to write a program that interfaces with network-manager and the
> following questions have arisen; Via DBus:
> 1. Can I determine if a particular interface is using DHCP or a static IP
> 2. Can I determine the computers host name and domain name?
You can read /etc/resolv.conf and hostname(1)
> 3. Is it possible to define more than two (primary and secondary) DNS
Manually? Some backends might support this via manual config right now.
If you mean via DHCP, then NM should be retrieving all DNS servers that
DHCP returns and stuffing them into /etc/resolv.conf.
> 4. Is it possible to get the domain search info from resolv.conf?
Yes, by reading /etc/resolv.conf. NM will write search info there if
the DHCP server provides it.
] [Thread Prev