Re: nm with dnsmasq?

Quoting Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com>:

Too bad!  It's really nice and useful!

The functionality won't be going away (though it might hiccup a bit),
since it definitely is still useful.  Just the communication
implementation between NM and named.  Everyone agrees that it's nice to
have named (or something else) as a caching nameserver that can be
updated dynamically, but the D-Bus interface in named was never going
upstream and wasn't very maintainable.  I think the hand-wavy new plan
is to use other tools that ship with named to update the forwarders in a
non-D-Bus-y way.

I've got a bunch of ISC people (including a number of Bind developers)
at my disposal this week.  Anything in particular you'd like me to ask
them or talk to them about?  I'm personal friends with the BIND9 project
manager. ;)

Dan

-derek

      warlord MIT EDU                        PGP key available