Re: nm with dnsmasq?

On Tue, 2007-12-04 at 14:20 -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:

> >> Apparantly that is going away:
> >> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2007-December/msg00146.html
> >
> > Yeah...
>
> Too bad!  It's really nice and useful!

The functionality won't be going away (though it might hiccup a bit),
since it definitely is still useful.  Just the communication
implementation between NM and named.  Everyone agrees that it's nice to
have named (or something else) as a caching nameserver that can be
updated dynamically, but the D-Bus interface in named was never going
upstream and wasn't very maintainable.  I think the hand-wavy new plan
is to use other tools that ship with named to update the forwarders in a
non-D-Bus-y way.