Re: NetworkManager, WPA and non-wext drivers

Dan Williams wrote:
Yeah, and at some point I'm going to stop caring about bugs people have
when using these drivers with distros...  either driver writers get with
the program, or they won't get their drivers to Just Work.  I think all
the major drivers are WE-18 and later compliant already, the drivers
that don't aren't upstream in the kernel, and they won't get there until
they _do_ have full WE-18 support.

Dan
I think you are right and the driver issue isn't one that you should be solving. Personally when I purchased my last laptop I made sure that all the hardware had the appropriate open linux drivers but I do feel bad for those people who are new to linux and have a laptop with a card that isn't supported. A couple of months ago there were 10 "Why doesn't my card work" questions a week so either the drivers are getting better or people have learned to search the archives ;-). I am an optimist so I vote for the drivers getting better!