Re: NetworkManager, WPA and non-wext drivers

Darren Albers schrieb:

> patch with their package.  I /think/ the Debian package already
> includes workarounds for a number of other wireless cards so if your
> workaround is valid then they might be willing to consider including
> it if you file a bug and include the patch.

Ubuntu does. In Debian we decided to *not* add this workaround patches.
I completely agree with Dan here. It is much better to fix the drivers
than to add all sorts of workarounds in the code, even if it takes
longer and users will have to suffer a bit initially.

Cheers,
Michael