Re: NetworkManager, WPA and non-wext drivers

On 11/15/06, Michael T <raselmsh hotmail com> wrote:
I was able to get NetworkManger to connect to my WPA network by:

* adding a couple of lines to src/nm-device-802-11-wireless.c to make it use
wpa_supplicant's ipw driver instead of wext if the card contains an rtl8180
chipset (as mine does)
* connecting to the network by manually entering all network and encryption
details using the KNetworkManager GUI, since the GUI still picked up the
network as WEP

I saw that Dan answered your post, but if your patch works (Though I
am confused why the realtek chipset you have works with the IPW
driver...) you should submit it to your distro for them to include the
patch with their package.  I /think/ the Debian package already
includes workarounds for a number of other wireless cards so if your
workaround is valid then they might be willing to consider including
it if you file a bug and include the patch.