Re: Execute stuff @login if link is up

If you create scripts to launch these apps they can be launched via
networkmanagerDispatcher.  The dispatcher launches the scripts based
on interface state.   Some examples are available:
http://www.darrenalbers.net/wiki/index.php?title=NetworkManagerScripts

Thanks,
Darren

On 11/16/06, Neal Becker <ndbecker2 gmail com> wrote:
On Thursday 16 November 2006 8:29 am, Timo Hoenig wrote:
> Hi Neal,
>
> On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 08:18 -0500, Neal Becker wrote:
> > I'm using kde on Fedora FC6.  Right now, I start amarok, akregator at
> > login. If I'm wireless these start before I get a chance to run
> > knetworkmanager and bring up the link (because I need to provide password
> > to kwallet for the wep key).
> >
> > What I'd like is to only start amarok, akregator, etc:
> > 1) At login IF a link is up or
>
> The applications should respect the connection state provided by
> NetworkManager.  If there is no connection they should not try to access
> resources from the net.

Yeah, well, they do -and it's really annoying.  All kinds of things popup
complaining about unknown host this and can't do that...