nm-edit? Static entries?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Vincent <imnotb gmail com>
Date: Jun 23, 2006 10:20 PM
Subject: Re: nm-edit? Static entries?
To: Robert Love <rml novell com>

When implementing this, please also make a "delete profile" (or whatever you want to call it) button. I had this new unsecured network I could connect to, which after a few days all of a sudden is secured. Now everytime I login and this network is spotted it askes for a password I don't know...

On 6/22/06, Robert Love < rml novell com> wrote:
On Thu, 2006-06-22 at 10:29 -0400, Pat Suwalski wrote:

> This is a very interesting approach. Is it feasible?

I don't think this approach is needed.

We already have infrastructure for setting static IP information and we
use it.  We just don't store it anywhere.

But on most distros, SUSE and Fedora included, NM will read the static
IP information from the distro-specific configuration and use it.

        Robert Love