Re: cvs commit policy?

On Thu, 2006-06-15 at 22:43 +0200, Tor Krill wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have worked on the Arch port of NM for a while. When doing so i have
> committed to the MAIN branch. But when 0.6.3 i realized that this work
> came from the NETWORKMANAGER_0_6_0_RELEASE and my latest addition missed
> this unfortunately leaving NM-Arch version with link errors upon
> compilation of the 0.6.3 package (Missing the nm_system_get_mtu
> function)
>
> And over to my question, should i commit fixes to the distribution
> specific code in both branches? Or will these branches be merged at
> specific times? (I guess that you do multiple commits and don't merge
> MAIN and release branches.)

Feel free to commit to both branches for Arch specific stuff.  The
general policy is that if you're owning the backend/config for a distro,
you can do what you need to do with it.  Since there's only two branches
right now (that we care about), I've just been selectively identifying
patches that also improve 0.6.x but don't change too much there, and the
committing them to the 0.6.x branch.  Maybe if/when we have > 2
branches, we'll need some better method, but for now I think this works
ok.