cvs commit policy?

Hi,

I have worked on the Arch port of NM for a while. When doing so i have
committed to the MAIN branch. But when 0.6.3 i realized that this work
came from the NETWORKMANAGER_0_6_0_RELEASE and my latest addition missed
this unfortunately leaving NM-Arch version with link errors upon
compilation of the 0.6.3 package (Missing the nm_system_get_mtu
function)

And over to my question, should i commit fixes to the distribution
specific code in both branches? Or will these branches be merged at
specific times? (I guess that you do multiple commits and don't merge
MAIN and release branches.)

Regards,

/Tor