Preferred Networks not saved for "Connect to Other Network"

In the documentation for NetworkManager it claims to keep a preferred list of networks to connect to.  Everytime I log in I have to "Connect to Other Network" to connect to my hidden network.  Is this the desired behaviour? Is there a place to tell NetworkManager to attempt to connect to a list of Preferred networks, even if they are hidden? Please cc me as I am not on the list.
-Dan