Re: PPTP Plugin Updated -- Ver. 0.6.9 Generally PPP capable?

Hi Dan,

> > > Scanning may or may not be the way forward.  We'll have to see what
> > > comes out in the wash with that.  For the moment, provided the necessary
> > > logical bit to enable/disable connections (by some abstract criteria) is
> > > in place,
> > > we may simply use more liberal criteria.  For Bluetooth connections the
> > > presence
> > > of an hci device would suffice for example.
> >
> > You also get signals for plug/unplug events for the Bluetooth adapters
> > from the BlueZ D-Bus API.
>
> Seriously, this needs to be done with HAL.  There's really no reason to
> use another daemon for hotplug of the adapters themselves, I'd probably
> reject patches that listened to BlueZ for this.  It's fine if BlueZ
> sends these out, but HAL they should be duplicated in HAL and that's
> where any responsible Linux app needs to get them from.

currently there is a difference between a Bluetooth adapter attached to
a driver, a adapter that has been activated and an adapter in raw mode.

I now this is messed up, but this is historically grown stuff that won't
change over night. The BlueZ D-Bus API is a big step into an easier way
to deal with Bluetooth devices.

Don't get me wrong. I am all for it to go with HAL for the final
solution, but right now we are simply not there.

Regards

Marcel