Possible Bug?

Not sure how or whether to fill out a bug report on this.  It is
generally reproducible, but may/may not be NetworkManager related.

:: Background on Hardware ::
Laptop is an IBM R52 model 1859-BAU (Intel IPW2200 driver) running,
previously SuSE 10.1 and currently Ubuntu 6.06.  Identical behaviour
under both OSs.

Wi-Fi connection points against which this behavior can be reproduced
include SonicWall TZ-150Ws, D-Link DI-624, and a LinkSys (unknown model
number).

One of the TZ-150Ws does WEP, the other does WPA. The D-Link does WEP
and the LinkSys is totally open with no encryption, no authentication.

:: Problem Description ::
Trying to connect to the Wi-Fi access point after the laptop has been in
range for a while has Network Manager asking repeatedly for the WEP/WPA
key,  and then giving up after a while.

Logging in as admin on the SonicWalls shows the laptop is considered (by
the SonicWalls) to be both associated and authenticated. The dhcp server
on the SonicWalls shows a valid lease issued to the laptop as well.
Running ifconfig on the laptop shows an IP address has not been issued,
and tailing the system log shows the laptop is waiting for a (in its
view) never-received dhcp lease.

:: Problem Workaround  ::
The trick seems to get a connection seems to be:
1. Power off the laptop.

2. On the SonicWall/D-Link, delete the existing dhcp lease if it exists.

2. Power on the laptop, login immediately, supply the keychain password
immediately and then the connection will work reliably.

I can't see anything obvious in the laptop or the SonicWall logs, but I
am happy to test various scenarios with the logging cranked up on both
the laptop and the SonicWalls.

I am curious if this is a known issue as well, of course.

Please let me know if/where you would like me to fill out a bug report.

With best regards,
Mark