Re: Finding existing PPP connection?

On 12/17/06, Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> wrote:
On Fri, 2006-12-15 at 10:23 -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Huh, I've got multiple modems configured just fine (in FC5).
> And as for the username/password, I just use web/web.
> You could also supply it and then add 'noauth' to the PPP options.

Right; Sprint doesn't require username/password for it's data
connections, either with PAM/tethered or with CDMA cards.  Does Verzion
or other CDMA providers?  I gather that GSM-based providers usually _do_
require username and password.

Dan

I have used Verizon, Cingular, and Sprint and here is what each
required from my notes:
Verzion: Username: 10 digit phone number, password: vzw
Sprint: Username/Password: Assigned by sprint, if you look in the
communications manager on a windows system you will see it.
Cingular: Username: ispda cingulargprs com password: CINGULAR1

I had all of these cards for certification testing at work so I used
them extensively.   The settings I listed above are what worked for me
but it is possible that the username/password settings are not
required however without them they would not connect.

I set them all up using pppconfig and just doing pon device when I
wanted to dial.

I have a Verizon and a Cingular card so if further testing is needed I
can provide it.