Re: network manager does not detect the IP !

Yes, and now there is an error " /sbin/dhclient-script not found"

Your advice is most welcome

JOan

Derek Broughton wrote:
On 12/7/06, Joan Moreau <joan moreau m4x org> wrote:

Can you use synaptic or some other package tool to figure out what the
actual package version is?  AFAIK, the 0.6.4 version of the applet
actually says 0.6.4, so I'd suspect that the package you have for
NetworkManager is not what's actually "official" for Ubuntu.

Re-installed everything (dhcbd, nm, etc..) got back to 0.6.4, but no
difference : the IP is received by DHCP but NM disable the interface...

Fine, but did you remove the dhclient-script in /sbin?  I'm certain
that doesn't belong there, and can only cause problems.