Re: network manager does not detect the IP !

On 12/6/06, Joan Moreau <joan moreau m4x org> wrote:

>> Hmm, a bit more information is necessary.  What linux distribution, and
>> what version?

Ubuntu 6.1

That's 6.10 ("ten"), not 6.1 :-)

Network manager 7.0.0

Where did you get that from?  We're not up to 7 yet:

# derek othello:~$ apt-cache policy network-manager dbus
 Version table:
*** 0.6.3-2ubuntu6 0
       500 http://archive.ubuntu.com edgy/main Packages
       100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
    0.6.2-0ubuntu7 0
       500 http://archive.ubuntu.com dapper/main Packages

Dbus .060-6ubuntu8

That implies 6.06 (dapper) - not 6.10 (edgy):

*** 0.93-0ubuntu3 0
       500 http://archive.ubuntu.com edgy/main Packages
       100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
    0.60-6ubuntu8 0
       500 http://archive.ubuntu.com dapper/main Packages

dhcbd 1,10-0ubuntu11.1

And that seems a little more than dapper, much less than edgy.
There's something screwy here.

> Are you sure you're looking at the right dhclient-script, Joan?  My
> system has one in /etc/dhclient-script and a newer one in
> /etc/dhcp3/dhclient-script.

root mangue [~] locate dhclient-script
/etc/dhcp3/dhclient-script
/lib/dhcp3-client/call-dhclient-script
/sbin/dhclient-script

Well, the one in /lib isn't actually dhclient-script, but I can't help
thinking there shouldn't be a dhclient-script in /sbin - what happens
if you just rename that?
--
derek