Re: Does anyone understand NetworkManager?

On 8/18/06, David Abrahams <dave boost-consulting com> wrote:
David Abrahams <dave boost-consulting com> writes:

>> I note that when I disconnect a network cable I see the following:
>>
>>   ** (nm-applet:6496): WARNING **: <WARNING>
>>      nm_dbus_send_with_callback_replied (): Error: couldn't find
>>      pending call 0x829ed88 in tracking table.

and finally,

1. it seems as though I can always reconnect reliably by doing

      sudo /etc/init.d/dbus restart

2. I have two access points on this network with the same SSID.
   Sometimes it will connect to the one that's further away, so the
   reception is weak.  That happens under Windows, too, FWIW.

Is there anything dbus related in /var/log/syslog that might show the
problem?  It is very interesting that you have to restart dbus to
connect.