Re: Does anyone understand NetworkManager?
- From: "Thiago Bauermann" <thiago bauermann gmail com>
- To: "Dan Williams" <dcbw redhat com>
- Cc: networkmanager-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Does anyone understand NetworkManager?
- Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 09:53:28 -0300
2006/8/15, Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com>:
On Tue, 2006-08-15 at 12:56 -0400, Darren Albers wrote:
Mmm Dan/Robert is NM using ap_scan=1 or 2?
Depends on the distro-specific package, some patch them. But in
general, we'd like to use _2_ everywhere to force wpa_supplicant to do
what _we_ want, rather than trying to be too clever on its own.
Mmm.... in supplicant_send_network_config() there's the following excerpt:
/* Use "AP_SCAN 2" if:
* - The wireless network is non-broadcast or Ad-Hoc
* - The wireless driver does not support WPA (stupid drivers...)
is_adhoc = (nm_ap_get_mode(ap) == IW_MODE_ADHOC);
if (!nm_ap_get_broadcast (ap) || is_adhoc || !supports_wpa)
ap_scan = "AP_SCAN 2";
For all other cases NM seems to be using ap_scan = 1. Is there a reason why ap_scan = 2 is not used more extensively, then?
David can you change your wpa_supplicant.conf so that ap_scan=1 rather
than 2 and see if you have any issues?
Quite correct, that's exactly what we need to know here.
Could you elaborate on what this will show, for my enlightenment (and of other interested people, maybe)?
Thiago Jung Bauermann
] [Thread Prev