Re: NM Doesn't List Ethernet Card

On 8/6/06, Nicolas Ikke Trangez <eikke eikke com> wrote:
The problem is you're using the r1000 driver (like I do), which does not
support link status detection. There are some patches to bring r8168
support to the kernel's r81969 driver, which does support status
detection, but I tried them and hacked a little on it, but it doesn't
seem to work :( Let's hope the netdev guys get it incorporated soon.

Ahh, thank you Nicolas!  I think that will help a lot of people.  I
will add this to the NM FAQ, if you find a resolution please post it
and I will add it.

Thanks!