Re: NM Doesn't List Ethernet Card

On Sun, 2006-08-06 at 22:21 +0200, Krzysztof Kaczmarski wrote:
> Darren Albers wrote:
> > On 8/4/06, Krzysztof Kaczmarski <krzysztof_kaczmarski o2 pl> wrote:
> >> The same behavior for my Asus A6J with Realtek and Intel 3945.
> >> I use r1000 driver and Realtek works well but NM does not see it.
> >> (under Ubuntu Dapper)
The problem is you're using the r1000 driver (like I do), which does not
support link status detection. There are some patches to bring r8168
support to the kernel's r81969 driver, which does support status
detection, but I tried them and hacked a little on it, but it doesn't
seem to work :( Let's hope the netdev guys get it incorporated soon.

Ikke