Re: NM Doesn't List Ethernet Card

Carl J Richell wrote:
On Mon, 2006-07-10 at 12:55 -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
On Sat, 2006-07-08 at 13:33 -0600, Carl J Richell wrote:
Hello and thank you in advance.

Network Manager is not listing the ethernet card in its drop down list.
It only list the wireless card (Intel 3945).

Ethernet Card: Realtek RTL-8169SC (rev 10)
Distro: Ubuntu 6.06 LTS (Dapper)

Both wireless and ethernet cards appear in HAL.  Is there a way to tell
NM that the card exist?
Make sure you don't have the card already configured with the Ubuntu
standard network config tools.

Dan

That is what makes this issue interesting.  All cards are commented out
(save for lo).  The wireless card shows up without issue.  If I plug in
a USB ethernet card it shows up in NM but the built in Realtek does not.
The Realtek ethernet card works but it isn't recognized during the
Ubuntu installation process - nor during Fedora's installation (or
afterwards on Fedora.)

This occurs on two separate laptops with the same ethernet card.

Carl
The same behavior for my Asus A6J with Realtek and Intel 3945.
I use r1000 driver and Realtek works well but NM does not see it.
(under Ubuntu Dapper)

KK