Re: Building NM from CVS

On Sun, 2005-12-04 at 22:24 +0100, Tor Krill wrote:
> Ryan thanks for the quick reply.
>
> On Sun, 2005-12-04 at 16:09 -0500, Ryan Skadberg wrote:
> > The problem revolves around this Changelog entry from Tim Niemueller
> > <tim niemueller de>:
> >
> >         * vpn-daemons/openvpn/intltool-extract.in
> >           vpn-daemons/openvpn/intltool-merge.in
> >           vpn-daemons/openvpn/intltool-update.in:
> >           Version from intltool 0.33, 0.34 won't work at the moment.
> >
> > Seems like most systems (at least I know FC Rawhide does) run 0.34.1
> > of intltool, NM basically won't build on any up to date systems at the
> > moment.
>
> Sorry, i completely missed the changelog in the openvpn directory :-(
>
> Is there an easy way to disable build of openvpn?

AFAIK, they actually don't get built by default.  If you want to build
any of the VPN plugins, you actually have to cd
vpn-daemons/vpnc; ./autogen.sh ...  This was intentional, as not
everyone will care about all the plugins and not everyone wants to build
them.  If there's a tie between the main NM and the vpn daemons, we
should probably kill that tie.

Eventually, each vpn daemon should probably have its own CVS module.

In any case, I got around this by commenting out the bits
of /usr/bin/intltoolize that check for INTLTOOL_MAKEFILE at the bottom.
That seems to have no adverse affects.  I cannot find _anywhere_ on the
web that documents why that check exists...