Re: Building NM from CVS

On Mon, 2005-12-05 at 13:33 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-12-04 at 22:24 +0100, Tor Krill wrote:
> > Sorry, i completely missed the changelog in the openvpn directory :-(
> >
> > Is there an easy way to disable build of openvpn?
>
> AFAIK, they actually don't get built by default.  If you want to build
> any of the VPN plugins, you actually have to cd
> vpn-daemons/vpnc; ./autogen.sh ...  This was intentional, as not
> everyone will care about all the plugins and not everyone wants to build
> them.  If there's a tie between the main NM and the vpn daemons, we
> should probably kill that tie.

Hmm, maybe they don't get built. But when i run autogen.sh in the
NM-directory:

./configure.in
./vpn-daemons/openvpn/configure.in
./vpn-daemons/vpnc/configure.in

are added for processing, and failing on openvpn.

Are there some argument i'm missing?

> In any case, I got around this by commenting out the bits
> of /usr/bin/intltoolize that check for INTLTOOL_MAKEFILE at the bottom.
> That seems to have no adverse affects.  I cannot find _anywhere_ on the
> web that documents why that check exists...

No that one seems odd, i don't understand that.

But when digging deeper into my problem i can't figure out the
difference between  ./configure.in and any of the other configure.in
files.

In order gnome-autogen.sh, which get called from autogen.sh issues:

libtoolize --force --copy
glib-gettextize --force --copy <- this one copies in the Makefile.in.in
intltoolize --force --copy --automake <- this fail on openvpn
aclocal...
autoconf...
autoheader...
automake...

When processing the base configure.in the po/Makefile.in.in contains the
valuable # INTLTOOL_MAKEFILE line. But when doing the same on the
openvpn configure.in it doesn't. And this makes bootstrap fail.

I must say that my knowledge in autotools isn't enough for this. And it
just feels wrong having to edit files in the intltoolize package.

/Tor