Re: Building NM from CVS

On Mon, 2005-12-05 at 13:33 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
> Eventually, each vpn daemon should probably have its own CVS module.

So Tim pointed out that this may not be the best solution, which is
fine.  In any case, the point here is that we shouldn't have build-time
ties between NM and the vpn plugins.  The plugins obviously depend on
some stuff in NM, but NM doesn't depend on the plugins by design.

So there are two choices as I see it:

1) Have the top-level configure script accept '--with-vpnc-plugin' and
'--with-openvpn-plugin', etc

2) Use the current system where you must cd
vpn-daemons/vpnc; ./autogen.sh

Either one is fine with me, I guess I'm leaning towards (1) here but it
requires more work.