Re: [Nemiver-list] Re: Nemiver 0.3 Roadmap

dodji Seketeli a écrit :
Hey,

To me, the breakpoints enabling/disabling features are more important
than session management stuff.
More generally, I would like to focus more on adding  more "pure"
debugging features, unless users say otherwise. By pure debugging
features, I mean things like a disassembler (to show the dissambled
code when no source code is available), an interface to set
watchpoints, a command interpreter etc ...

We really need these features if we want people to stop using DDD on GNOME :-)

I can only agree with this idea. I've been using Nemiver to debug Audacious and some of my apps, and it's been really helpful.

One thing that could be useful though (but I can only imagine the amount of work required for it) would be to split the lower pane so that users could show more "stuff" down there. I think having both the frame/stack and the variables tab next to each other would be a nice addition.

Also, when opening a source file, the selected tab stays on the same source file. I think it'd be better to select the source I just opened.

I'll finish this with a question : how comes sometimes some symbols are missing, or show up later when I run a program? The function parameters don't always appear either. (But that's a gdb issue, as Nemiver behaves exactly like gdb) Are there ways to force all symbols to show up? (I have several test cases for that, it can be annoying to "guess" some values)

Anyway, thanks for the 0.2.0 release, it's already a pleasure to use Nemiver.

Rémi