Re: [Nautilus-list] Nice feature to implement in future releases

I really cannot understand what you are saying. You are stating that what i'm saying is naive and far from reality, right? Let's take a look.

Giacomo Bordiga:
> Before implementing it someone should really read the patent and search for other patents maybe covering other cases.

Is this advice too weak? Because there is already a patent maybe covering the feature should i just give up coding it?

Giacomo Bordiga:
>You do not have to be a lawyer to check if a feature is covered by patents.

Only lawyers can state if a feature is covered by a patent or not? If us, mortals, cannot state that, how can someone code anything if he cannot say if it's patented or not?

Even if i'm not a lawyer (and not i've not taken any law lessons, i'm an engineer) i'm not inexperienced about patents and intellectual property (however not in the software field).

Please, prove me wrong and we all will learn something new.

--
Giacomo Bordiga

P.S.

> And remember that lawyers, half of the times, are wrong.
In a trial there is only one winner. However this was mostly ironic.