Re: [Nautilus-list] Nice feature to implement in future releases

Before implementing it someone should really read the patent and search for other patents maybe covering other cases. You do not have to be a lawyer to check if a feature is covered by patents.
And remember that lawyers, half of the times, are wrong.

Just to be clear, every feature implemented (not only this one) should be proved patent free by the author if he doesn't want any problems.

If you want to discuss about the patent and what it really covers go ahead, but your last reply, really, wasn't useful.

Giacomo Bordiga

2008/12/2 Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net>
Am Dienstag, den 02.12.2008, 15:16 +0100 schrieb Giacomo Bordiga:
> From just reading the patent abstract i think that the patent applies
> only when a new window is opened (spatial mode) and the new window has
> to be temporary.
> In my opinion it could be implemented for browser mode without
> problems (no new window opened).

But this is not about opinions, this is about lawyers.