Re: POSIX ACL Support in Nautilus

On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 11:55 +0200, Olaf Frączyk wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 11:02, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> > On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 11:41 +0300, Ionut Cotoi wrote:
> > > Hi Alex,
> > >
> > > I finally managed to organize my time so I can start working on Posix ACL
> > > support in nautilus. Last night I've managed to have a working container
> > > for that using a new tab on file-properties window, but I don't think(and
> > > I'm almost sure that is not) that this is the right way to go. So I would
> > > need some advice on this. How would this be better presented to the user ?
> Thank you. I missed it very much.
> >
> > I'm not sure exactly how this should be presented graphically. But it
> > should be on the normal permissions tab.
> I suppose a scrolled GtkTreeView with GtkListStore with:
>
> STRING, STRING, BOOL, BOOL, BOOL
> name, user/group, r, w , x
>
> And for directories two Tree views: for normal and default ACLs.
> The upper the normal, the lower the default.
>
> Below each treeview on the right two buttons: Add and Delete.
>
> For filesystems without ACLs the buttons should bu just inactive, and
> also for directories should only the upper treeview be shown (normal
> permissions).
>
> After clicking Add, user should get a dialog with two lists: groups and
> users to be able to select one, and two buttons below: Add, Cancel.
> After a user or group is selected and Add is clicked it should be added
> to the ACLs list with no permissions at the beginning.
>

> And the bottom or at the top of the permissions tab three checkboxes in
> one line:
> x sticky, x suid, x sgid

Here is an screenshot from OSX tiger showing ACLs:
http://www.apple.com/server/macosx/tiger/

Anyone got some of windows XP?

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a short-sighted moralistic dwarf from the 'hood. She's a bloodthirsty
thirtysomething socialite living homeless in New York's sewers. They fight
crime!