Re: Come fix bugs! (Batteries included)

On Wed, 2004-10-06 at 15:48 +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:

> * file -> new window
> During the move to spatial mode we lost this feature. It should only
> be availible in browser mode.

Just to avoid any duplicate work, I've got this implemented. I'll file
the patch against bugzilla later on tonight.

I also noticed a bug regarding this functionality in the desktop's
context menu? Is that something that should also be reimplemented? If
so, should it always open a navigation window or default to spatial and
just use the use_browser pref?

> * context menu poped up by keyboard appear at mouse pointer
> If you select a file and bring up the context menu (using ctrl-F10)
> the menu pops up at the current mouse position, not the location of
> the icon. This is distracting when you're using keyboard navigation,
> and the mouse cursor could be anywhere.

How should this work with regard to multiple icons being selected, or
the selected icons being offscreen? Does popping the menu up over the
first visible icon and possibly scrolling to the nearest one first make
the most sense?

-- Michael