Re: Browsing Samba URIs smb://

On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 08:08 -0400, Andy Grimm wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 11:04 +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:

> > > I don't quite understand this.  Can't gnome-vfs prompt for
> > > authentication once and then do the libsmbclient equivalent of
> > > "smbclient -L"?  Also, since kerberos is finally getting worked into all
> > > of this, can't you at least try to use kerberos auth at that point?
> >
> > What do you mean by once? Once per machine you browse?
>
> Yes, once per machine is how it would have to be.  To me, it's better
> than having no browse functionality at all.  Of course, all _I_ really
> want is for kerberos to work here, so I get no prompts at all.
>
> > Doesn't kerberos get used here already?
>
> I'm not sure.  The latest version I tried (2.8.1, I believe) behaved
> strangely with kerberos.  When I tried to access a share, it popped up
> an authentication dialog even though I had valid kerberos creds.  I
> found that I didn't have to enter any info into the dialog (I could just
> hit OK), but it was strange to me that it showed up at all.  I don't
> think kerberos worked for getting a list of shares from a machine at
> all, but I'll check again...

Did you apply the patch in:

http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2004-July/036442.html

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an unconventional skateboarding filmmaker on the hunt for the last
specimen of a great and near-mythical creature. She's an orphaned
cigar-chomping angel on the trail of a serial killer. They fight crime!