Re: Nautilus, metadata and extendet attributes

On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 19:10, Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) wrote:
> El mar, 03-02-2004 a las 05:42, Olaf Frączyk escribió:
>
> > I wouldn't click the above "Readme.txt              .scr" either :)
> > I just don't click on suspicious attachments.
> > And if a user is "not educated enough" to not open suspicious
> > attachments, I would bet that he will open binary Readme.txt.
>
> Olaf, you haven't understood yet that the computer has to work for us,
> and not the other way around.  I shouldn't be "educated" to use a
> computer.
The use of "not educated enough" was ironic :)
Yes, I agree that user shouldn't need to have master degree from
computer sciences to be able to play with computers. But on the other
hand, he cannot behave as a monkey.
Please tell me: if for every 10 packages delivered by post 1 would be a
bomb, would you open a suspicious package delivered to you? Would you
need to be "educated" for not doing it?
The same applies for opening e-mails. Have you heard that about 25% of
computers are infected with MyDoom A/B?
And it really needs stupidity to get infected by this virus.
1. You need to open mail - OK why not?
2. You need to open .zip in email which looks suspicious
3. You need to run file from this zip.
This is like praying for troubles. This is like taking knife in kitchen
putting it into own eyes and screaming that you are going to sue the
knife-producer because you are blind.

You really think that you are able to protect computer if average user
is like the above? No matter if it is Linux, Windows, anything else.
I think that without blocking of opening attachments you can't. And
more.

I'm sorry for this e-mail. This is the last. I just couldn't resist :)

Regards,

Olaf