Re: [PATCH] gnome-vfs: Don't monitor read-only filesystems
- From: nf <nf2 scheinwelt at>
- To: George Farris <george gmsys com>
- Cc: Nautilus <nautilus-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] gnome-vfs: Don't monitor read-only filesystems
- Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 15:53:10 +0200
> > How do we help them in the interim?
> I think the best (and easiest) solution is more transparency. Inform the
> user which applications block a mount-point (a simple "lsof" frontend).
I have written a little prototype of such a tool ("wbumount" - who/what
is blocking umount?)
(doc, sourcecode, screenshot)
... something like that could pop up instead of the goddamn "device
is busy" messages...
] [Thread Prev