Re: Proposal for bug 73937 / symlinks in nautilus

On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 12:58:08PM +0100, paolo borelli wrote:
> I know that Nautilus and Gnome worked hard to _remove_ options (and I
> agree with that) but this symlink behaviour choice looks like a good
> exception to me. in fact there is not a "right" and a "wrong" way to
> handle them and besides the 2 possiblities seems to map to 2 different
> set of users: the current "windowish" behaviour seems good for normal
> users while the "unixish" one seems preferred by developers and
> experienced users. Since these people know what they're doing it may be
> good to have a gconf hidden option (not in the UI) to change the
> behaviour, while defaulting to the current way for the normal users.
>
> I don't know if this it's actually doable... just my 2 euro cents

There's not even anything sane to call this in the config dialog -
you'd need a paragraph of text just to get someone to understand what
the config option *meant*, and you'd surely need to use "PC Load
Letter??!!" type of technobabble to do it.

Havoc