Re: Proposal for bug 73937 / symlinks in nautilus

On Tue, 2003-01-21 at 11:58, paolo borelli wrote:
> I know that Nautilus and Gnome worked hard to _remove_ options (and I
> agree with that) but this symlink behaviour choice looks like a good
> exception to me. in fact there is not a "right" and a "wrong" way to
> handle them and besides the 2 possiblities seems to map to 2 different
> set of users: the current "windowish" behaviour seems good for normal
> users while the "unixish" one seems preferred by developers and
> experienced users. Since these people know what they're doing it may be
> good to have a gconf hidden option (not in the UI) to change the
> behaviour, while defaulting to the current way for the normal users.

God no, and option would be so evil in this case. Syslinks should be
syslinks, and if nautilus want to use windows style links then it should
not be creating syslinks :)

--
		 .--= [ MArk Finlay - sisob ] =--.

        [ Gnome User's Board : www.gnomesupport.org/forums ]