Re: Proposal for bug 73937 / symlinks in nautilus

> On the face of it this seems like a good suggestion, however... the only
> application that will understand these (.desktop) 'links' is nautilus
> (or perhaps the gnome fileselector). Shortcuts in windows can be used to
> do all the same kinds of things as symlinks can, and I think most people
> would agree this is a good thing.

That is damn good point as well.
When a user wants to explore further than the outer shell of the OS, he/she
will get confused when using the shell and finding out his links aren't working
as he/she expects them to work from his/her GUI experience.

Hmm, I think I need to reread the previous discussion why the change was reverted.
Was the only argument because it is the way it works as such under other OS's??

-a.