Re: slow URI latency issue ...
- From: dave <bordoley msu edu>
- To: Michael Meeks <michael ximian com>
- Cc: Alex Larsson <alexl redhat com>, Darin Adler <darin bentspoon com>, nautilus <nautilus-list eazel com>
- Subject: Re: slow URI latency issue ...
- Date: 04 Jun 2002 10:14:24 -0400
Yeah i'd really like to use nautilus as an ftp client and basically two
issues keep me from doing so:
1. vfs doesn't appear to support the nautilus login dialog for non-anon
ftp. (unlike webdav)
2. even if i manually enter the url loading of ftp sites seems to take
ages and well just kind of dies on me (i suspect vfs is also probably at
On Tue, 2002-06-04 at 07:40, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Hi Dave,
> On Sun, 2002-06-02 at 15:20, Dave Bordoley wrote:
> > I mean directory traversal...</sigh>
> Almost certainly will have no impact on that no :-)
> It'd be interesting to see what the latency issue you have in mind
> there is. We could quite possibly provide a significantly more snappy
> traversal impression by caching the viewed directories more aggressively
> and providing change events if we subsequently notice something
> different. But that's a deeper future issue IMHO.
> mmeeks gnu org <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot
] [Thread Prev