Re: [Muine] NEW PRELEASE: 0.8.1pre1

�el kenal p�al (p�v, 23. jaanuar 2005, 14:53+0000), kirjutas
Peter Oliver:
> On Sun, 23 Jan 200	5, Peter Oliver wrote:
>
> > Another way to spot incomplete albums is to look at the number of the highest
> > track.  If it's greater than the number of tracks you have for that album,
> > you know some must be missing.  This could be used as a fall-back when the
> > tracktotal data isn't available, rather than just dumping the album
> > completely.  Okay, it won't know if you only have the first few tracks for a
> > given album, but if people want to be able to drop such albums then that's
> > when they can get busy with EasyTAG.
>
> ...and here's a patch to do it.
>
> It also lets an album through if the album tag is set but there's no track
> number data at all.  You can't do much about an album tagged in this way,
> but I think we have to trust that it is really an album and show it.

That's an excellent idea. I commited something inspired by this, with
the following changes:
- If we use this last track number hack thing we only mark the album is
complete if it is actually complete, not just half complete or
something- this to reduce the amount of rubbish incorrectly passing this
check.
- We don't pass if no track number data is available- otherwise too much
rubbish would again incorrectly pass the check. Note however, that CVS
tries to graze the track number off the filename if no track number
metadata is available.

Cheers,