Re: [Muine] My own little rant

On Sun, 2004-06-06 at 00:58 +0100, iain wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-06-05 at 19:32 +0200, Jorn Baayen wrote:
> > > Plus, as I pointed out using the pathname breaks very very subtly.
> > > As an example take a song from Eric Clapton's Unplugged album, a track
> > > from Alice in Chains' Unplugged album, and a track from Neil Young's
> > > Unplugged album, and put them in the same directory. (The albums are all
> > > officially called "Unplugged")
> > >
> > > Result - 1 album called Unplugged with 3 tracks.
> >
> > It doesn't break, as we use the full path :)
>
> Yes it does, if they're all in the same directory, they have the same
> path.

Oops - misread your mail.  Yea, they do break when in the same dir.  But
I think the chances of people having whole albums in the same dir are
slim, and therefore a fair trade-off.

> But I see that basically Muine is only going to work for people who
> follow the Jorn Baayen school of sorting. Which is fine, but will
> defintely limit your userbase.

So be it. :P

> > > I don't see the difference in your two positions, or does Easytag not do
> > > anything automatically?
> >
> > Easytag doesn't do anything automatically ..
>
> Yeah, since the time I asked that I looked at the Easytag website?
> Holy fuck, what is that monstorsity? I take it the "Easy" in the title
> is for Easy as in "Not very easy" at all, but that NotVeryEasyTag was
> too long a title? That program should *not* be recommended for anything,
> except for "What programs do you recommend that we do not recommend for
> anything, EVER?"

I do agree it is a total monstrosity, however it *is* the best tagging
app I've used so far.  This is not a compliment for all the other
taggers out there.  Someone ought to be able to do better ..