Re: Hildon on MeeGo

Hi,

Claudio Saavedra wrote:
> Maemo GTK+ is in gitorious [1]. All changes needed for Maemo 5 are
> marked with #ifdef MAEMO_CHANGES, and no, there is no updated list of
> these changes nor individual patches that can be analyzed separately.
> One would need to go through the git log reviewing the changes one by
> one to achieve that.
>
> It was my intention to get the people involved in the project to spend
> some time to split these changes in individual patches, but time was
> scarce, workload was high, and this task is quite time-consuming, so it
> was never done.
>
> However, I believe that starting fresh from a pristine and recent GTK+
> tarball, one can experiment to get at least pure GTK+ applications
> running and then move on to forward-port whatever is necessary out of
> Maemo 5 GTK+.

Related to this, I've just thought of something else:

* If someone did the work to get Maemo GTK+ changes upstream to support
Hildon on a stock GTK+, those changes would be available in GTK+ 3.0,
but not in any 2.x release
* MeeGo have said that they're not going to move to GTK+ 3

So what motivation is there to get the Maemo GTK+ work upstream?

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary