Re: Hildon on MeeGo

On Tue, 2010-06-15 at 18:11 +0100, Dave Neary wrote:
> That said, it is disappointing that there was essentially no response
> from anyone involved in the GTK+ toolkit as to what changes would be
> required in GTK+ to allow Hildon to be developed & maintained as a
> useful independent project on top of stock GTK+.

As Javier said, I don't think this is something for the GTK+ team to
move forward. It is up to the people interested in Hildon running in
$PLATFORM_OF_CHOICE to actively bring up the issues they have
encountered when trying to do so.

Just someone sending emails here and there asking why Hildon doesn't run
in $PLATFORM_OF_CHOICE is not going to change the state of things. It
takes a bit more of effort and I haven't seen anyone really interested
in anything other than seeing Hildon running out of the box somewhere
without having to work for it. Hildon is now a community project, and
without a community pushing for it, you can guess where things will end
up.

Claudio