Re: Goal for GNOME Mobile?

Hi,

Stormy Peters wrote:
> I think if a majority of the GNOME Mobile members are using those
> technologies we should call them out as part of GNOME Mobile.
>
> That said, I don't know how difficult that is from a release perspective ...

I don't think it's difficult at all. What we all understand to be GNOME
Mobile includes a number of freedesktop.org-hosted projects, which have
grown from the GNOME project. It also includes other components which
are common to all the GNOME Mobile-based platforms, like BlueZ and
SQLite, and I think that's reasonable too. I believe we can define
mobile requirements for those projects and co-ordinate investment in
them here.

Murray: what Vincent put on the wiki is, as he said, a projection of
what is done for the other release sets. I would argue that making the
distinction here would, rather than clarifying things, confuse people
even more as to what exactly we're trying to achieve here.

>     It's up to the mobile team to define what goes there -- please just make
>     sure that you communicate with the release team about changes that might
>     affect the release process.

Vincent: Ross has so far taken care of maintenance of the jhbuild
recipes for GNOME Mobile - what kinds of changes do you have in mind
that might affect the release process? For modules that are part of
other GNOME release sets, they follow the release process already, and
for modules that aren't, I don't expect the release team to do any more
than they currently do for external dependencies. Is that acceptable?

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary