Re: New compositor patch

> I just committed a change that may make it work on 16 bits. You should be
> able to at least run the demo applications in libcm; the metacity
> compositor
> will not currently work with anything but Xorg HEAD.
libcm CVS-head update (using developer repository), make distclean,
configure, make, make install:

$ ./src/demo
no traps after popping

** ERROR **: Unexpected X error: BadAccess (attempt to access private
resource denied) serial 58 error_code 10 request_code 159 minor_code 2)

aborting...
Aborted

$ ./src/test
no traps after popping

** ERROR **: Unexpected X error: BadAccess (attempt to access private
resource denied) serial 362 error_code 10 request_code 159 minor_code 2)

aborting...
Aborted

$ ./src/scenetest
no traps after popping

** ERROR **: Unexpected X error: BadAccess (attempt to access private
resource denied) serial 58 error_code 10 request_code 159 minor_code 2)

aborting...
Aborted

Could be related to the Composite manager in my metacity? Using gdb on
src/demo:

main () at demo.c:433
433         ws_window_redirect_subwindows (root);
(gdb)
ws_window_redirect_subwindows (window=0x8053598) at wswindow.c:137
137         g_return_if_fail (window->drawable.ws->composite.available);
(gdb)
139         XCompositeRedirectSubwindows (
(gdb)
no traps after popping

** ERROR **: Unexpected X error: BadAccess (attempt to access private
resource denied) serial 58 error_code 10 request_code 159 minor_code 2)

aborting...

0xffffe410 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
(gdb)

Trying to run the demo in a wm-less Xephyr instance (16bit):

$ DISPLAY=:2 ./demo
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":2.0".

** ERROR **: file wswindow.c: line 97 (ws_window_new_gl): assertion
failed: (visinfo)
aborting...
Aborted

Which is strange, as Luminocity (using GLX?) works fine in Xephyr.

Starting a second X server using TWM as WM, I get some assertation
failure on a drawable != NULL check, can't get the exact error though.

Ikke
http://www.eikke.com

PS. Is there any way to get around the moderation approval? Pretty
annoying imho :s