Re: New compositor patch

Ikke wrote:

Hate to say it, but it will actually crash unless you have the X server from
CVS HEAD.

The technical reason is that it relies on the COMPOSITE extension not sending
MapNotify/UnmapNotify events when it first redirects the windows.
Are you sure that's the issue?
Well, it is going to be an issue with the latest code ... Previously it would sort of work
without the X server fix.

Here's the X error I get when starting the patched metacity (also had to
do some autofoo tweaks as Elijah mentioned):

Window manager warning: Log level 6: file wswindow.c: line 101
(ws_window_new_gl): assertion failed: (visinfo)
I don't know what's going on there. I have been using the nVidida binary driver myself until recently. Apparently it can't get a visual, but the visual it asks for is completely standard.

Are you using a depth of 16 bits, and does it work if you try 32 bits instead?

Soren