Re: Minutes of meeting

On Mon, 2007-02-26 at 10:26 +0530, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay wrote:
On 2/25/07, Baris Cicek <baris teamforce name tr> wrote:

Almost forgetting, can someone please check the form letter at l.g.o?
There wasn't 'Need to renew' template, so I grab the 'No need to renew'
one and altered it. Since I did same thing in past, and screwed once,
can someone please take a look at it and if so please reword. I'll
update the text in the script as soon as it gets updated.

Suggested:

As per the bylaws of the GNOME Foundation, your GNOME Foundation
membership lasts two years and since your last  renewal/acceptance was
from <acceptance>, you are requested to renew your membership within a
month.

Do we also put in here a note to update MC if the e-mail address has
changed in the meanwhile ? Although, if the address in the db is old,
then the mail will not reach the intended member :)
This issue is fairly odd indeed. I'm always not satisfied with using
e-mail address-es as a unique identifier of member. Up to now there
wasn't (at least that we know of) any big issues about it, everyone
somehow contacted us. Maybe it's because we're not very open community -
at least as a Foundation.

:Sankarshan

ps: I worked on the RT queue across the weekend and I think that
http://www.gnome.org/~gpastore/membership.html would look much more
decent this week.
You're the man!