Re: Future plans

Hey,

Totally agree for the terms.
What about this: people are in the committee for two years, and every
year half the committee is renewed to ensure there's a continuation.

That sounds like a good idea.  I like it because we aren't forcing the
entire committee to resign.  People who want to continue to work on
the committee can do so.  However we are allowing a place for new
members.  I also think an upper limit should be placed on the
membership committee.  I think this upper limit should be around 10
people.  We should also try to have at least 4 people on the committee
at the same time.

Yeah, I think it's good to rotate the committee - there's a lot of
people out there that don't necessarily write code, and this is the
perfect opportunity for people to contribute to the GNOME project. I'd
like to think that people are also pulling their weight, because that
also makes for a much easier ride. A lot of the membership committee
work is pretty repetitive and you guys don't get a huge amount of credit
for it...but the work that you're doing has been awesome [1], so 'thank
you'.

Glynn

[1] I've been reading the mails and keeping an eye on things.