Re: Collapse-all

On 08/22/2015 04:03 PM, Kai Willadsen wrote:
On 23 August 2015 at 03:00, Karl Schmidt <karl xtronics com> wrote:
Karl Schmidt a écrit :

I think there was a way to collapse all folders when doing a directory
compare before?  Can't find it now? Was it removed?  Could it be added?

Yes, and it was removed.  Hopefully it will be re-added soon.
In the meantime, I'm (almost always) using the latest 1.x version.
You can download older versions (which I did.)

I don't think this is accurate. To the best of my recollection, I
don't think we ever provided a way to collapse all folders. You
*could* have collapsed and re-expanded the parent folder, because we
incorrectly failed to remember the expansion state... which has been
fixed.

Can I ask why you want to do this?

Apparently, I was enjoying the effects of that bug<grin>.. In migrating systems we often look at /etc and finding things in the order needed is much faster if the directories are all closed - otherwise it ends up being a very long list to scroll though and a pain to close the folders not needed at that time. (I'm pretty sure others use meld for the same job.) It sure would be cool to have a keystroke that would collapse-all.

Link to our website and get free US-48 shipping on your next order.

Karl Schmidt                                  EMail Karl xtronics com
Transtronics, Inc.                              WEB https://secure.transtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                             Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                              FAX (785) 841-3089

Why are so many spending time watching dark movies about
hopelessness, the macabre, and perversion; why are they reading
books about unfaithfulness and self destruction?  Why is nothing
uplifting, also considered 'cool' or entertaining? -kps