Re: Re: Collapse-all

On 23 August 2015 at 03:00, Karl Schmidt <karl xtronics com> wrote:
Karl Schmidt a écrit :

I think there was a way to collapse all folders when doing a directory
compare before?  Can't find it now? Was it removed?  Could it be added?

Yes, and it was removed.  Hopefully it will be re-added soon.
In the meantime, I'm (almost always) using the latest 1.x version.
You can download older versions (which I did.)

I don't think this is accurate. To the best of my recollection, I
don't think we ever provided a way to collapse all folders. You
*could* have collapsed and re-expanded the parent folder, because we
incorrectly failed to remember the expansion state... which has been
fixed.

Can I ask why you want to do this?

I often use meld when upgrading systems looking at /etc - Seems it would
be grand if there was a way to re-scan just a single sub-directory.

Still possible, but more awkward to do than before

We've never been able to rescan just part of the tree, so I'm not sure
how this has changed at all. Could you maybe explain what you want to
do?

PS: Again, I don't want to be negative, but the new user interface for
selecting folders and files seems less rather than more intuitive.  I
used to be able to choose one of several recent files/directories to
compare.. I used that feature a lot.

We moved to using the standard GTK+ file chooser a while ago, and its
UI is what we get.

cheers,
Kai